From "From Sea to Shining Sea" by Jamaican/Caribbean/American poet June Jordan
Calling all jouvayists, writers, bloggers, vloggers, artists, photographers, poets, scholars, thinkers, creatives, activists!
CODE RED for gender justice is hosting a Black Feminisms Blog Carnival throughout July and we need you to bring your fyah!
The themes are:
- Breaking Borders and Boundaries: Co-Building Global Black Feminisms
- Strange Fruit: Terrains of New Colonialisms: New Age Capitalism: State Violence, Policing & Militarisation
- Healing Justice: Black Feminist Apothecary – Recipes & Rituals for Sustainability
- Thinking Ahead: Black Feminist Futures “Black to the Future”
Here’s how to participate:
1) Create original content based on the theme (s) or share something you’ve created before which you think fits. (Blog posts, videos, poetry, photography etc welcome)
3) Be sure to leave a link to this post on your post letting users know about the carnival.
4) We’ll share the submissions as they come in and collate them on our blog
5) Use the hashtag #blackfeminisms
Don’t yet have a blog but a carnival neva miss you yet? We welcome guest posts and will post them here once they respect our submissions guidelines. Email us at reforgender [at] gmail [dot] com.
Still confused about what a blog carnival is? Check out our #dearCaribbean blog carnival
The Black Feminisms Forum (BFF) takes place 5 – 6 September 2016, ahead of the #AWID Forum in Bahia, Brazil.
The BFF will connect Black and Afrodescendant feminists from many regions of the world to celebrate the contribution of Black feminisms to knowledge, practice and struggles for self-determination and justice, while building solidarity and collective power.
CODE RED for gender justice is a Black Feminisms Forum content partner. This blog carnival allows feminists attending the BFF & feminists in solidarity with us to give voice to what Cuban-born, Jamaican/Caribbean intellectual Sylvia Wynter calls “the revolutionary demand for happiness” via black cultural production.
Learn more about the BFF blogging themes here.